Information for Authors, Agents, & Publishers
**I am accepting books for review at this time. Please email the information to email@example.com Please note that I am only selecting a very few to review at this time. (6/24/2013)**
*I would be happy to accept books for review, including ARCs. I will accept physical copies and digital copies. I own both a Nook and a Kindle, but I prefer reading on my Kindle. So please try to keep this in mind.
*Please send me a synopsis of the book so I can determine if it is a genre I can honestly review. My primary interests are cozy mysteries, historical mysteries, some historical romance (no bodice rippers or Harlequins, please), some fantasy (no vampires, werewolves, zombies, etc. please) and historical fiction. I am open to most other genres except: I do NOT do horror/thrillers, I am NOT interested in paranormal romance, and I am not terribly inclined towards YA. If you are doing a reissue of any vintage mysteries or British literature and would like a review of your particular edition, I would be very interested.
*All reviews posted on my site will be based purely on my honest opinion and will be represented as such. I will be completely honest in my review and if my opinion is negative I will make every effort to offer constructive criticism. By offering me a copy of your book to review, you agree to my policy of honest review and agree that I may post my review publicly on this blog (http://girllostinabook.blogspot.com), on Librarything, and other review sites as I see fit. If you wish to use any of my comments as promotional material, you agree to obtain my permission first.
*I will make every effort to finish every book offered to me for review. However, it has been my experience (few and far between) that there are books that I simply could not finish. If for any reason I cannot finish your book, I will give reasons and will state clearly that it is my opinion only.
* I agree that I will not receive compensation for my reviews in monetary form. Per FTC regulations I will post a disclaimer with each review I do for an author, agent or publisher. I will not resell any book given to me for review. I may, however, offer it up to friends or through a give-away on my blog and you agree to allow me to do so.
You can email all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will contact you directly via email if I am interested in reviewing your book. Also if you have any questions or concerns, you can email me with them. Thanks.
Review Rating Policy:
The rating I give a book is based mainly on my enjoyment level. Review ratings are done on a 0 to 5 scale, half-ratings included. Here's what they mean:
- 0 Stars: Did not finish. I will not post these reviews on this blog but will add them to my Librarything account.
- 1 Star: I didn't like this book -- felt more like homework than reading for pleasure.
- 2 Stars: This book needed something different to make me like it.
- 3 Stars: This book was good. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. I would recommend based on certain tastes.
- 4 Stars: This book was delightful. I'm glad I read it.
- 5 Stars: I really enjoyed this book. I will probably read it again.
- 5+ Stars: A new favorite.
Honesty in reviewing is my top priority. I also strive to be fair and courteous, as I realize that a book that doesn't work for me might be enjoyable to others. Also, I choose what I will review and will not review.